795 Middle Street, Fall River, MA 02721 508-674-5600
Fall River, MA – In an effort to reduce barriers and improve access to education to a culturally diverse community, Saint Anne’s Hospital is offering three $1,000 scholarships to local students pursuing a health care career and one $500 scholarship to a student pursuing National Medical Interpreter Certification.
The scholarships are awarded to community individuals, to Saint Anne’s Hospital employees and their immediate family members.
To be eligible for one of the $1,000 health care scholarship awards,
scholarship candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be bicultural and/or bilingual.
2. Must be a resident of the Greater Fall River area: Dighton, Fall River, Freetown, Rehoboth, Swansea, Somerset, and Westport, Massachusetts, and Tiverton and Little Compton, Rhode Island. This requirement is waived for employees of Saint Anne’s Hospital and their immediate family members.
3. Must be entering or pursuing a degree in nursing and/or health care related profession at an accredited college or university.
4. Must be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled college student.
5. Must provide the original GED certificate if applicable.
6. Complete, in full the application entitled Multicultural Health Committee Scholarship Application.
7. Use the award during 2013-2014 academic year.
To be eligible for the National Medical Interpreter Certification $500
scholarship award, candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Must have worked as a Medical Interpreter for two or more years.
2. Must have a certificate of completion of a 45 to 60 hour medical training.
The Scholarship Committee may request an interview with applicants prior to the final selection of the scholarship recipients.
Deadline for submission of application is 4 p.m., Thursday, May 30, 2013. Applications and additional information can be obtained by calling Natalia Konarski, 508-235-5234.
Saint Anne’s Hospital is a community hospital with comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, and emergency care services, serving adults and children in southeastern Massachusetts and nearby Rhode Island. Founded in 1906 by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation, Saint Anne's Hospital is a member of Steward Health Care, the largest fully integrated community care organization in New England.
Saint Anne’s specialized centers and services include Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center; the Robert F. Stoico/FIRSTFED Center for Breast Care; Steward Diabetes Education Program; the Steward Centers for Pain Management; geriatric psychiatry; orthopedics; pediatrics (including inpatient care and specialty outpatient medical, behavioral and developmental care through the Fernandes Center for Children & Families); adult and pediatric rehabilitation; cardiovascular care; and primary care.